Tuesday, October 9, 2007

First of hopefully many more

Welcome! First, my name is Jeff. But for this blog column you can call me Top Row Joe.

This is the start of what I hope will be one of many blog entries for and about sports in and around the Louisville, KY sports scene. Most of the time I will probably be writing about the local sports scene, primarily University of Louisville sports; but as I am also a big Major League Baseball fan, (specifically the Boston RedSox and the Chicago Cubs), I will also include some entries on other sports as well. I will from time to time include some opinions on sports-related issues and news that do not normally get covered in the local Louisville Sports media. Such sports news and breaking topics that effect all of sports, like for example, the recent headlines of Marion Jones, and the doping and steroid use in sports at all levels. Things like rules changes, or even off-season NFL, MLB trades. I may even throw in a few NHL and hockey items. I am not a fan of the NBA or professional basketball, and as such have very little to no knowledge of that sport. But very few people have knowledge of all sports.

This is not meant to be a purely "objective news" report, but instead just a personal fan opinion take on the topics in and around the sports world as it may relate to local sports interest in the Louisville, KY area. Again, these will be "OPINION" pieces. And as such, some you may agree with, some you will not. Some might make you laugh, others make you so angry you want to hunt me down and kill my pets. I understand that. But just remember, these are one person's opinion. We all have one, and this one is mine.

What I do hope to gain from this? Actually, very little. I am just "Top Row Joe" fan, who loves sports. Like most of you, I have a life and career that does not depend on sports in any way, shape or form. I am not a media wonk, nor do not have I any association with any team, school or sport. I did play both football and baseball in both high school and some in college, and sports is a big part of my social life. But now, only as a fan. I am not a "big money" booster of any kind of program or team. And I have very little "inside" information or contacts. What I am, as I said, is just a fan. A fan that I hope will help give the other "Top Row Joe's" a little voice, because here, the only "spin" you will read is that formulated from the guy that most of are. The one that sits in the top row, the crazy one, the one that everyone talks about as "needing a life". That's me, and that's a lot of you as well.

No comments: